5 Hour One-on-One Session ($250)
Learn blacksmithing by going hands-on one on one with Tim Peel-Wickstrom, a professional blacksmith in Magrath, AB. You will learn how to forge several simple components and leave the class with completed projects: a set of nails, a set of wall hooks and S-hooks, and a keychain bottle opener.
You will be introduced to basic shop safety, operation of a propane gas forge, and basic hammer techniques and learn the same blacksmithing techniques that are used to produce tools, wrought iron, forged artwork and historic hardware.
The following protective equipment is required:
– Sturdy, closed-toe footwear (CSA approved steel-toed footwear preferred)
– CSA approved clear safety glasses
– earplugs or muffs
– leather or natural fiber gloves
– low cost leather apron (optional)
– natural fibre clothing that covers arms and legs
You will be required to fill out a liability waiver form before the class begins.
If you’re interested, please use this form to contact me or call at 403-393-8394.
“It’s Hammer Time!”