I. USE AND ACCESS
By accessing this web site (http://reforgedironworks.com/), you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) by notifying you of the effective date of any such changes through posting the notice on the service.
1. Our services are available only to individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable laws. Without limiting the foregoing, our Service is not available to minors. If you do not qualify, you are not permitted to use our Service. We may refuse our services to anyone at any time, without giving reason, at our sole discretion.
2. For any individual person who is a user or client, you must be eighteen (18) years or older, or the age of majority in your location to use this Service.
3. You will not provide any false personal information for the Service. You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself or your company without permission.
4. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date. You must keep your account information up to date and accurate at all times. You may not transfer or sell your account.
5. You will not share your password, allow anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
6. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
7. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our directors, officers, managers, employees, agents and affiliates from any losses, liabilities, damages, expenses or costs (including without limitations court costs and attorney fees) arising from, relating due or in connection with your violation of any of the Terms herein.
II. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
1. Payment Methods. We accept Interac E-Transfer (Canadian residents only), Visa/MasterCard, or PayPal. All amounts due must be received and processed before any product is shipped.
2. Deposits for Custom Work. All custom work requires a non-refundable deposit of at least 50% of the estimated final price before any work is started. Raw materials provided by the client will not be returned under any circumstances once in the shop premises. Photos of custom work and work in progress may be used for web and print portfolio purposes. Forfeit custom work, in whole or in part, will be used for other projects.
3. Consultation for Custom Work. In order to ensure adequate workshop time is dedicated to a custom project, the consultation phase is set aside with the following general framework in mind: 5% of the budget dollars converted to minutes (eg, every $100 of project budget provides 5 minutes of meeting time or correspondence and dialogue, a handful of email exchanges). Those that wish to go over and above this to work out the details of a project in full are welcome to do so, billed at the regular hourly consultation rate of $40 per hour plus GST.
4. Shipping, Handling, Insurance, and Sales Tax. Any charges for shipping, handling, and insurance (if any), are in addition to the amount of the Product price. You authorize us to add to the sales price (i) shipping, handling and insurance charges (if any) and (ii) applicable sales taxes.
5. Passing of Title and Risk. Title in and to the Product that you are purchasing shall not pass to you until you have made full payment and the amount has been received and processed. Once the product leaves our dock, title passes to you and delivery is at your risk.
6. Delivery. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy and clarity of the shipping address at the time of ordering. If we are requested to deliver to an alternative address or location (such as a gift recipient), the Product will be left at the alternative address or location at your own risk.
7. Damaged Product. If the Product you receive is damaged due to shipping, the matter must be taken up with the shipping company or organization. Contact them immediately and report the problem. We will not be liable for any damages or losses occurring during shipping, customs, or delivery.
8. Warranty. We offer a lifetime warranty on our Products. If any steel component of the Product fails due to an issue with craftsmanship or material while using the Product for its intended purpose, you will be entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund at our discretion. To get a repair, replacement, or refund, contact us via email at tim(at)reforgedironworks(dot)com. For repairs and replacements, you are responsible for shipping, handling and insurance costs for both a) returning the defective Product and b) receiving the repaired or replacement Product from us. Where you have provided notice to us of any valid claim relating to any defect in the quality or condition of the Product in accordance with these Terms, we will either repair or replace the Product or offer you a refund at our discretion, but we shall have no further liability to you.
Blades and other hardened steel components in our Products are not warrantied against inappropriate uses including but not limited to striking hard objects such as stone or ice, prying or bending with blades, or forcing a Product beyond its tolerances. No item is indestructible and while we take great pride in the performance of our Products, they will break if pushed too hard.
Wooden components, including but not limited to tool handles, are not included in our warranty.
Where you have provided notice to us of any valid claim relating to any defect in the quality or condition of the Product in accordance with these Terms, we will either repair or replace the Product or offer you a refund at our discretion, but we shall have no further liability to you.
10. No Other Refunds. Except as stated in the preceding provisions regarding “Incorrect or Defective Product”, all Products are sold “as is” and all sales are final. All charges are non-refundable unless otherwise provided by law.
Reforged Ironworks provides the Product and Service “as-is,” “with all faults,” and “as available.” You bear the risk of using it. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no guarantees, conditions, or warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
In no event shall Reforged Ironworks or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption, or related to a Product or Service) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Reforged Ironworks’ Internet site or related to a Product or Service, even if Reforged Ironworks or a Reforged Ironworks authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
V. REVISIONS AND ERRATA
The materials and Product appearing on Reforged Ironworks’ web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Reforged Ironworks does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Reforged Ironworks may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Reforged Ironworks does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
VI. LINKED SITES AND SERVICES
Reforged Ironworks has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its service and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Reforged Ironworks of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Reforged Ironworks may revise these terms at any time without notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions.
VIII. GOVERNING LAW
Any claim relating to Reforged Ironworks’ Service shall be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
last modified: 2020/08/12